Thursday, January 06, 2011

Artist: Daisy Winfrey


My favorite Christmas present this year was a portrait my husband commissioned from a very talented artist Daisy Winfrey.  I love every last detail about it.  She wrote on the back the symbolism of each detail she included (the heart, the birds, exposed ribs, white dress) and it means so much to me.  What a wonderful, wonderful surprise!  My favorite reaction was from my 7 year old niece as she looks at the painting, then looks at me with a crinkled nose and said "i don't like it".  I know me cutting open her uncle might scar a young child, but I just smiled back and hugged her and said "it's okay if you don't like it, I love it and it's my present".  I think she was okay with that answer.




We found a great home for the giant 2' x 4' portrait here in our dining room. 



It's the perfect location because this is your view from the front door into the living and dining room.  Love it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Just saw this post, Jackie! Hahaha. I love collecting things little kids say about my art!

    ReplyDelete