Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Etsy Lunch Hour: Grandpa

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend. I'm sure it was filled with plenty of grilling out, playing outdoors and rememberance. My grandfather passed on Memorial Day 11 years ago...so this time of year is a rememberance to him. He was a veteran, lost partial hearing due to cliff diving, a heavy smoker for years and only had partial use of one lung yet jumped rope with me once, and loved to fish and play/create crazy puzzles. My fondest memories with my grandpa were spent fishing with him out in Tampa Bay on his little boat. We would turn the motor off in certain areas where there were manatee warnings and go out into the bay with the sailboats, yachts, and dolphins. I loved growing up in Florida...there was something magical about it...the sunsets, the beaches, the birds, and the barefoot summers. Here's an ode to my grandpa and our Florida summers together!

Solitary Sunset Fisherman - 5 x 7 Photo Print of Fishing Boat in Gulf by awaywithwords

Gone Fishin' - Blue Stone Fish Earrings by Jesskiri

Sand Dollar Necklace by EliNOpus

Lone Palm - 5 x 7 photograph by lindesigns

Blue Pelicans over Water (Original Gocco print) by plumpdesign

No comments:

Post a Comment